Originally from Frankfort, Kentucky, Cynthia attended Palm Beach Community College on a scholarship and then graduated from Florida Atlantic University in 2004, where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and a Certificate in Women’s Studies. Cynthia has been employed in the legal field since 1997 and began working in Matrimonial and Family Law in early 2005. She realized her passion in family law and decided to pursue her law degree in 2009, at which time she began attending Nova Southeastern University in the Evening Division while maintaining full-time employment.
While in law school, Cynthia was a member of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court team for two years in a row as a competitor. During the second year, she was team Co-Coach, traveling to Vienna, Austria to compete against 281 international law schools. Through hard work and dedication, her team placed 52nd (the best placing Nova Southeastern has had since being involved in this Moot program). The team also received an Honorable Mention for Best Team Orals.
Cynthia graduated with her J.D. from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, in December 2012 and became a licensed attorney on April 16, 2013. In January 2014, Cynthia established her own family law practice to further her passion of assisting clients with family law matters. “I enjoy being a Family Law Attorney because I view it as an opportunity to help my client transition from one stage in their life to another happier stage. It’s all a matter of perspective.”
As an adopted child whose parents subsequently divorced when she was eight (8) years old, Cynthia draws from her personal experiences which allows her to passionately and empathetically represent her clients through all facets of family law matters. Cynthia is dedicated to and passionate about her career, providing her clients with undivided attention and personal service. Call (561) 203-5940 to schedule your consultation today.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. – 2012
- Honors: Member, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team
- Florida Atlantic University
- B.A. – 2004
- Honors: Certificate in Women’s Studies
- Major: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Member, Gayborhood
- Pride Alliance Business Member, Compass
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- South Palm Beach County Chapter, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Event Director, 2015 to 2016
- Young Lawyers Section of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyers Section of the South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Susan B. Greenberg Family Law American Inns of Court of the Palm Beaches, Member, 2014 to 2016
- South Palm Beach County Bar, Professionalism Committee, Member, 2014 to 2015
- South Palm Beach County Bar, Family Law Committee, Member, 2014 to 2015
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Family Law CLE Committee, Member, 2014 to 2015
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Unified Family Court Committee, Member, 2014 to 2015