Solutions That Work From
Family Attorneys Who Care.
Home 9 Child Support 9 How to Find Legal Help When Your Spouse Refuses to Pay Child Support

How to Find Legal Help When Your Spouse Refuses to Pay Child Support

Oct 19, 2023 | Child Support

When a spouse refuses to pay child support, it can be an extremely difficult and stressful situation for the custodial parent. But you don’t have to face it alone. Pyfrom & Reisler, PA in Boynton Beach, FL is here to help. Our experienced family lawyers can help you get the financial support you need to raise your children.

Why is Child Support Important?

Child support is important because it helps provide the necessary financial support for a child’s upbringing. It helps cover the costs of food, clothing, housing, education, healthcare, and more. Without the financial support of both parents, one parent may not be able to provide all the necessities for their children.

What Are My Rights When It Comes to Child Support?

As a custodial parent, you have the right to seek child support from the non-custodial parent. This includes the right to petition the court for a child support order, the right to receive payments in a timely manner, and the right to enforce the support order if necessary.

What Can I Do If My Spouse Refuses to Pay Child Support?

If your spouse is refusing to pay child support, there are several steps you can take. First, you should contact a family lawyer in Boynton Beach FL who can help you understand your rights and protect them. Your lawyer can also help you file a petition with the court to obtain a child support order.

Your lawyer can also assist you in enforcing the child support order. This can include filing a motion with the court to collect overdue payments, garnishing wages, and even suspending the non-custodial parent’s driver’s license or passport.

What If We Agree on Child Support?

If you and your spouse are able to come to an agreement about child support, your lawyer can help you draft a legally binding agreement. This agreement should include details such as the amount of support to be paid, when it is to be paid, and how it is to be paid. This agreement can then be submitted to the court for approval.

What If We Need to Make Changes to the Child Support Order?

If your circumstances change or if you need to make changes to the child support order, your lawyer can help you petition the court for a modification. This can include asking for an increase or decrease in the amount of support due, changing the payment schedule, or changing the payment method.

What Other Services Does Pyfrom & Reisler, PA Offer?

In addition to helping clients with child support matters, Pyfrom & Reisler, PA also offers experienced legal counsel on other family law matters such as divorce, prenuptial agreements, alimony, and spousal support. Our experienced family lawyers will work with you to ensure your rights and your children’s rights are protected.

No matter what family law issue you are facing, Pyfrom & Reisler, PA in Boynton Beach, FL can help. Our experienced family lawyers understand the complexities of family law and are here to guide you through the process. Contact Pyfrom & Reisler, PA today to learn more about how we can help you.